- Lifestyle – Looking for an Online Marketing Manager or Translator English-French-German-Chinese-Indian-Spanish-Russian?
- Lifestyle – Look at the Aurora Borealis on Google Maps – Street View
- Lifestyle – Alibaba and Zalando are quoted on the Stock Exchange. The two stars of E-Commerce.
- Lifestyle – 1.2 billion subscribers in Facebook: 26 million have Italians
- Lifestyle – Expedia penalized by Google for a campaign of “negative SEO”?
- Lifestyle – Skype: + 36% of calls in 2013. Total: 214 billion minutes of phone calls
- Lifestyle – Alibaba has a higher capitalization to: eBay, Twitter and LinkedIn combined!
- Lifestyle – Istat: Italy 60% of households connected to the Internet
- Lifestyle – Google has the world monopoly of online searches. Germany asks the algorithm
- Lifestyle – WhatsApp against Skype: getting ready for voice calls
Incoming the latest addition to WhatsApp (the mobile chat) announced at the last Mobile World Congress in Barcelona: Incoming voice calls.
WhatsApp against Skype?
This was announced by the website NDTV Gadgets:
the last app update for iOS, the operating system for iPhone and iPad will be prompted to enable access to the microphone so that you can make telephone calls over the Internet.
Ranking WhatsApp users:
– Asian countries (in the first positions)
– South Africa
– Spain (in sixth place).
With voice calls, WhatsApp also become a VoIP software, thus offering a service similar to Skype and other mobile apps for free calls online.
The GlobalWebIndex end estimates in May 2014 indicate that on WhatsApp platform about 19% of the population using the Internet around the world, you exchange messages.
And even Facebook, which in February 2014 announced the acquisition of WhatsApp for 19 billion dollars, has already introduced the possibility to make voice calls over the Internet with FB contacts.
In late August 2014, WhatsApp had 600 million active users per month, while in April 2014 it was 500 million active users.